Over the course of the holidays and my birthday back in January, some of my friends and family were generous and thoughtful enough to pass along a few Sephora gift cards since I am an admitted and shameless addict when it comes to that store. If I go in to buy a moisturizer- I come out with several other products I may not have even needed. If I go in to pick out a new shade of lipstick, I’m leaving with a blush, bronzer, and eyeshadow palette that compliments the aforementioned lipstick color. If there is a Sephora Addicts Anonymous group out there somewhere, I need to know so that I can attend any and all meetings in the future (where I will proceed to ask other attendees what eyeliner or mascara they’re wearing and then promptly go out and purchase it.)
I digress- this past weekend, having run out of a bottle of backup Cover Girl foundation I had picked out at the drug store a while back and desperately scraping along the bottom of my usual tube of under eye concealer- I swung by my local Sephora to replenish some of my products…
… And pick up a couple of other non-necessity things, too…
It’s been a while since I’ve done any type of haul post- so I thought I’d share this mini one!
1. TARTE Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full-Coverage Foundation with SPF 15: I love Tarte. They are, hands down, one of my all-time favorite brands. When it comes to foundation, only two things matter to me: the coverage and the longevity. In the hotter months, I tend to lean more towards tinted moisturizers and BB creams- but I like something with a little more staying power in the Winter/Early Spring and Fall since my skin tends to get a little patchy and dry in certain areas and I like to be able to cover it up without having to worry about it. I’m really loving this full coverage foundation so far (which doesn’t feel heavy on my skin at all!) since it covers my dry patches and any other imperfections, matches my fair skin tone perfectly- and stays in place all day long and well into the evening.
2. TARTE Cosmetics Maracuja Creaseless Concealer: For as long as I can remember, I have used the lightest shade possible in Clinique’s ‘Line Smoothing’ Concealer- even though fine lines and/or wrinkles were not and are not a concern for me right now. I’m not even sure why I started using it in the first place, except that maybe it was one of the few affordable concealers available and it actually matched my skin tone pretty closely. Well, for whatever reason- be it my getting older and my skin changing or Clinique being the one to do the changing (to their formula)– the concealer has been appearing more and more orange under my eyes and has NOT been lasting long at all lately. I knew it was time for a change- and I turned to this creamy formula for those nights I don’t get enough sleep and need to look bright eyed for work. This product blends really well, covers pretty much anything and everything, and does not budge at all throughout the day. I think this is is the perfect partner to my new foundation. I’ve been using them both religiously!
3. TARTE Cosmetics ‘Smooth Operator’ Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder: Finally (and my last TARTE product- I promise!), I picked up this invisible sealing powder to set my makeup for the day. This powder brightens my face, keeps my makeup in place, and prevents shine and excess oil buildup in more oily or problematic areas like my T-Zone. I like that the formula is non-drying and doesn’t accentuate any dry skin or blemishes, too. It makes everything look very natural!
4. Dr. Jart+ Clearing Solution Sheet Mask: Way back when, I used to use a Dr. Jart+ BB cream that I had really liked very much. Overall, the brand continues to churn out some quality products- and given my love for sheet masks- I thought I’d pick up one of these acne-fighting ones for those pre-PMS days when my skin goes absolutely crazy and I need a little extra help dealing with the blemishes that spring up seemingly out of nowhere. I’m about ready for one of those breakouts to show itself in the coming days- so at least I’ll have a head start!
5. Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow Primer Potion: One product I will never stray away from or switch (as long as UD never changes the formula, anyway!) is this Primer Potion for eyes. I’m down to my last couple of drops in my current bottle and desperately needed a new one. I swear by this stuff. It’s lightweight, not sticky/greasy- and it holds my shadow in place without creasing, crumbling, or flaking off- for HOURS. I’m talking long-term, like “all night party followed by a late brunch the next day” sort of longevity. I can only ever remove any shadow/liner from my lids after using this stuff with a pretty strong makeup remover. Other than that? This doesn’t go anywhere. It doesn’t budge!
6. Sephora’s Formula X Nail Polish in ‘Lucky Starrr’ and ‘Sci-Fi’: Finally, the two products I didn’t need but just happened to pick up anyway because I loved their colors were these two long-lasting and ultra sparkly nail polishes in Sephora’s wildly popular Formula X brand. The first (and the one I’m currently wearing now), ‘Lucky Starrr’- is a super glittery and glitzy hot pink/reddish shade created/curated by Vlogger Patrick Starrr, and the second- ‘Sci-Fi’- is a pretty unique looking and also very glittery mint shade that I think will be making it’s debut on my digits this coming St. Patrick’s Day! I think these two polishes are going to be enough to carry me into the Summer, where I will undoubtedly be looking for more colors to add to my collection.
So with a face of fresh makeup and new colors on my nails- that wraps up my mini-haul from Sephora! I’m quite pleased each of the products I selected so far, and I am still so appreciative of everyone who gave me gift cards that I used towards this purchase! You all saved me a ton of cash and I love you for it!
If you have any suggestions for my next trip- probably sometime in the early Summer- feel free to share ’em! I always love hearing about new products/colors/collections!