It wasn’t exactly a banner season for the Boston Red Sox this year, which was a hard pill to swallow given last year’s triumphant World Series win. Even still, I remain optimistic for 2015- and am prepared to root on the team I’ve come to love so much next Spring.
Of course, I always try to stay fashionable- even if I’m just enjoying a game and having a couple of beers at Fenway Park with friends- and inspired- I created a look based around one of the countless MLB hats available on Fanatics.com to showcase what I’d wear/bring for that very occasion.
For those of you who have never visited Fanatics.com, they are the ultimate go-to source for any and all officially licensed sports apparel. From the MLB, NHL, NFL, NBA, etc; they have you covered for affordable, high-quality merchandise should you need to look on point for a big game or simply want to add to your collection of sports memorabilia.
For my collection, I stayed in the Autumn frame of mind, since I’ve enjoyed a couple of games in recent years during the chillier months (and because it’s hard to think Spring/Summer style when I’m currently wearing a sweater and drinking hot tea.) I chose the Boston Red Sox New Era Cuff Striper Beanie, because it’d keep my head warm once the sun sets in Boston (and hide my brunette roots should I not have time to touch them up before the first pitch.)
Here’s what I’d pair with it:
- Boston Red Sox Women’s Cooperstown Fan T-Shirt by Nike: I love the simple design of this comfortable shirt that I can wear, with pride, inside and outside Fenway. Best of all are it’s sleeves- which can provide a little bit of warmth to my upper arms should I choose to shed whatever sweater/hoodie I bring with me to the game.
- Urban Decay’s Revolution Lipstick in the shade “F-Bomb:” If I’m going to the ball park, then I am participating in all the unhealthy, regrettable junk food eating I can. Hot dogs? Popcorn? Overpriced beer? I’m all about it. The thing is, I want a lip color that can outlast all of that pigging out. Enter my favorite formulated Urban Decay lipstick in a bold shade of red to match the Sox logo and compliment my hat.
- GUM. After all that chowing down on the aforementioned hot dogs, popcorn, and overpriced beer- I still want to have fresh breath while I’m cheering and/or jeering. A pack of gum is always in my purse- but I have to be discreet when opening it or everyone else seated around me is going to want some.
- My ‘Boston’ charm bracelet from Alex and Ani: I’ve started a growing collection of Alex and Ani bracelets, and whenever I’m headed to a game or out of town- my Boston charm comes with me. It’s like having a piece of home with an etching of the city’s skyline resting comfortably around my wrist- and maybe I’m just superstitious- but it feels lucky to wear on game days (although it didn’t work out too well this season.)
- A wristlet. I’m not a fan of carrying around a big bag at sporting events. I try to keep it simple- something small that I can carry my money, I.D., CharlieCard, lipstick, and phone in and hold onto with ease without fear of losing it or it’s contents in the excitement. Wristlets, any color, pattern, or style- are my must-have for a Sox game.
Not pictured are a comfortable pair of skinny jeans and my favorite pair of black boots or Converse high top sneakers- which I wear all the time on casual days/evenings out.
Do you have any game day style must-haves or go-to’s? Or any pre-game rituals? I’d love to hear them!