The other night, when Sean and I were returning to Boston from Hyannis after our New Year’s Eve/Day celebration in Nantucket- I designated him vehicle DJ while I was behind the wheel and put him in charge of compiling a playlist that would keep me awake (it’s a long drive) without being TOO loud. While he and I have many things in common from our favorite movies, video games, and food- our musical tastes can be pretty different at times- and I wasn’t sure what to expect.
Sean surprised me, though- and put together a 15-song soundtrack of dreamy, dance-able songs that I loved so much- I insisted he share the track listing with me so that I could upload it to my 8Tracks account and share it with everyone!
So here is ‘Hello, 2016’ – a playlist to welcome the New Year! I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did!
– TRACK LISTING –
- Tame Impala – Let It Happen
- Arcade Fire – Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
- Gossling – Never Expire
- Beck – Dreams
- Kylie Minogue – I Was Gonna’ Cancel
- Florence + The Machine – Spectrum (Say My Name) [Calvin Harris Remix]
- Nelly Furtado – Powerless (Say What You Want)
- Tei Shi – Bassically
- Pompeya – YAHTBMF [POKO COX Remix]
- Phantogram – Black Out Days
- ASTR – We Fall Down
- Kotomi – Swimming
- Chad Valley – Now That I’m Real (How Does It Feel?)
- Roosevelt – Sea
- Paradis – Garde Le Pour Toi